From Dave Williams
Honey-Glazed BBQ Chicken Wings
1.5 Hours | Serves 4
What You’ll Need:
- 4 lbs chicken wings (approximately 14-18 wings)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oxtail and stew seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cilantro and lime seasoning
- ¾ teaspoons salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Citrus Spice seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Smokey Southern seasoning mix
- 5 tablespoons honey
- ¾ teaspoons basil
How to Make It:
- Rinse the wings in some water with lime juice added, then remove and place in separate container in preparation for the seasoning. Most if not all, the seasonings listed can be purchased at your local supermarket
- Wash your hands carefully, then use a pair of food handling gloves to carefully rub the seasoning unto the wings. Carefully ensure all the meat gets evenly coated
- You can either set aside the seasoned wings to sit for at at least 3-4hrs, or overnight (preferred) in a ziplock back in the refrigerator
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Remove the seasoned wings from the container (or ziplock bag) and carefully place them in your baking pans or aluminum foil pans. Try not to overpack the baking tray
- Once your oven is ready at the assigned temperature, insert your wings (uncovered), for 40-45 mins.
- After the time has expired, remove the wings from the oven and flip them on the other side.
- Re-insert for another 40-45 mins.
- In a small “cereal” bowl, mix in BBQ sauce (your fav) with at least 5 tablespoons of honey, and 3/4 teaspoon of flaked basil leaves, then mix together. The amount of mixture prepared should be sufficient to baste both sides of the wings, once they’re done cooking.
- Remove the wings from the oven after the second round of timing has expired.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275°
- Using a basting brush, baste both sides of the wings with the Honey-BBQ sauce mix you prepared
- Once you’re satisfied that all your wings have been adequately coated with your mixture, place them back into the oven for another 15mins. Serve
Back to Home