From Ken Martin
Smokey Southern Oven Fried Chicken
25 minutes | Serves 4-6
What You’ll Need:
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Smokey Southern (divided)
- 3 cups Corn Flakes
- 1 gallon Zip top
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk, lemon juice, hot sauce, and 1 tablespoon Smokey Southern.
- Place 3 cups corn flakes and remaining 1 tablespoon Smokey Southern in a large gallon zip top plastic bag and use rolling pin to crush to crumbs.
- Dip chicken tenders in buttermilk mixture, and then place each piece into the plastic bag, 3 tenders at a time, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated. Alternatively, place crumbs on tray and roll pieces in crumbs to evenly coat. Place coated pieces on a prepared rack sprayed evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 14 minutes (until the coating crisps and browns and an instant-read thermometer inserted registers 160 degrees).
Back to Home